WBOPCA Seeking Operations and Competitions Manager
Operations and Competitions Manager
- Admin / Secretarial / Office Support
- Bay of Plenty, NZ
- Permanent / Full Time
- Full time hours but plenty of flexibility with how they are structured
- Base salary + car allowance + phone (package circa $60,000)
- Autonomy to make this role your own and fit it around your lifestyle
WBOPCA are in the market for a fabulous new Operations & Competitions Manager to take on this busy, exciting position due to the current incumbent retiring after a solid 10 years in the role.
A hugely pertinent role, this person will assist the WBOPCA Board and volunteers in achieving their objectives, in particular the organisational and administration of the cricket in Western BOP, along with growth and development of the game across all segments of cricket in the region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Competitions Management – promotion of WBOPCA Competitions to clubs (and schools) across all grades from Division 3 to Senior Reserves
- Create and manage database of coaches and club administrators for each division
- Initial competition and draw set up and any preseason revisions
- Recording results each week and creating weekly draws to ensure even match ups
- Communicate results to contact list of each division
- Process Captains Reports from senior matches and communicate to disciplinary committee when required
- Communicate with club liaison and captains in each senior competition
- Gatekeeper for all general correspondence and primary point of contact for all queries / inquires from stakeholder – both internal & external
- Develop and maintain initiatives that engage and attract individuals and groups to the game
- Identify and develop improvement pathways
- Book all grounds for general competition, programmes and games
- Lead and audit ground maintenance and upgrades / improvements
- Liaise with TCC and parks maintenance organisations
- Maintain rules and playing conditions
- Receive and record queries / complaints
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion and understanding for the game of Cricket
- Exceptional communication skills – you’ll be dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, parents, schools, clubs so communication is key
- A calm, down to earth personality, you won’t be someone who gets rattled easily
- Strong administration skills – you’ll be sending lots of emails, updating databases and keeping records and rules up to date, so strong admin and attention to detail needed
- Flexibility – this role is full time however due to the seasonal nature of cricket, you’ll work more than 40 hours during cricket season and less in the off season, but it all balances out to a full time role over the year.
This position is starting June, however interviews will take place towards end of March.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Renee at Ryan and Alexander outlining why you believe you would be well suited to this role.
Applications close Friday 18 March 2022.